Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Spinach & Salmon Quiche

Spinach & Salmon Quiche 
(Recipe adapted & modify from Anncoo Journal)

Short Crust Pastry
100g Plain flour
50g Cold cubed butter
3-4 Tbsp Ice water
* Mix all together until a dough is formed. Roll out the dough & pressed into a tart pan. Bake in preheated oven @ 180C for 15mins

Fillings
1 packet of Spinach (wash & drain well, chopped)
1 Large egg
130ml Full cream milk
1/8 tsp salt
dash of black pepper
Butter 

Method:
1.With little butter, fry salmon & spinach till cooked. Add black pepper & salt.
2. Mix milk & egg together. Beat lightly until well mix.
3. Spread spinach & salmon over the bottom of the tart pan, then gently pour egg mixture over it.
4. Bake at 180C for 20mins.


I prefer my quiche to have more spinach than salmon (opposite of my hubby ;P)

I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers#10-Easy as Pie hosted by Not the Kitchen Sink

5 comments:

neyeeloh said...

I also bookmarked this, but yet to try because I worry I will have to finish the whole quiche alone for my family members are not so adventures, dare not try new thing  :(

cathysjoy said...

Neyeeloh,
Don't worry, I'm sure they love it! ;)

Eileen@Hundred Eighty Degrees said...

Quiche is one of to-bake items this month.  Yours look healthy and delicious!

Cathysjoy said...

Eileen,
Thanks for your kind words :)

Anncoo said...

AWaaa.... looks so yummy!

Post a Comment